VoyForums

Friday, November 17, 09:29:56pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 05:11:56pm
Author: Mickey
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 46.233.112.165
Subject: Why do the Americans watch their Sports like this??

I was in New York recently ( week of the Villa game ) and decided to take in an Ice Hockey Game (NY Rangers v NY Islanders ). 3 X 20 minute periods of play ( plus Ice brushing and subs time etc). I have never witnessed such widespread movement while the game was going on to the Beer and Food Huts , never witnessed such a high proportion of people arriving late , moving readily whilst action taking place, leaving early, and even when it went to additional time. I was appalled : they might have been wearing the Shirts and joined in the ‘Jingles’. But other than the odd ‘get it outta the zone ‘ comment there was absolutely NO comment or otherwise relating to how the game was panning out, NO reference to any individual player ( let alone their own song ). There was a loud Organ greeting virtually every change and public notice . The whole thing felt that whilst getting into their Regalia the actual game, result and performance would not mean much to them . Yes plenty of big screens to watch the action as the Southern Fried Buckets and Beer were being filled. I understand that this is consistent with how their other Sports are watched /followed . Is it any wonder with this lack of depth that the Khan’s are not taking what happens on the pitch seriously? More Food Outlets, more Non-match entertainment and who will ultimately give a shittttt as to what transpires on the field of play?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.