VoyForums

Wednesday, July 18, 12:27:10amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 12, 12:00:46pm
Author: Barry@ENF
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 2.26.253.4
Subject: It is to Southgate's great credit that the team reached the World Cup Semi-Final and restored a sense of pride in the national team. As to the game, it was Hoddle (seemingly derided on here) who commented in the latter stages of the first half that Croatia had acres of space out wide which would need correcting. Whether it was tactical or sub-conscious that we went to five at the back, I do not know; but our system is much less potent without advanced wide men. The long balls you mention were even harder to comprehend with Kane playing so deep. I thought we looked by far the more tired of the two teams, and given the fitness expertise within the England set-up I suspect the weariness may have not been purely physical in this very young and inexperienced side.
In reply to: f bloke 's message, "For this to be more than a one off, technical young players like Foden and Sancho and even Sess have to realise their full potential since a number of players in the current first 11 are not really good enough for this team to compete consistently" on Thursday, July 12, 08:27:13am

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.