VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Monday, March 18, 07:38:16pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 01:52:56pm
Author: Alboy
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 137.221.138.165
Subject: criticism of players

I notice of late some criticism of certain players and for me the ones that are getting criticism tend to be our best players. We will need the technically gifted players if we can get them to stay. Players like Sessegnon have lost confidence that does not mean he cannot play in the Premiership. Confidence is a big part of the game and we saw what he could do when playing for a Manager that believes in him. Awareness and positioning are things that can be coached ability is something else. Cairney for me another one of our best and most creative players, we need his ability if we are to return , again he needs player around him on the same wave length as he has with Johansen and McDonald last year. Chambers for instance has done well for us in terms of winning the ball and his ability to get round the pitch but he is not a midfield player. He has limited awareness and passing ability. Serri is a player and can move the ball quickly but he needs the right players around him. For me the biggest issue is quiet often we have used square pegs in round holes and we need to have a cohesive unit with all the parts working together.
This will be the challenge for Scott Parker or whoever is Manager, we do have some talented players within the squad and some very good youngsters who could potentially make the step up, the key will be getting the best players to give us a season and then bring in the defensive additions we need. I believe we will be in a very good position if we can do this and I for one am not writing any players off.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.