VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Friday, September 20, 05:23:27amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 12:13:19pm
Author: Jimmy Dunne
Author Host/IP: joh066-94052-rtr-adsl-04.altohiway.com / 84.252.230.4
Subject: Win Saturday should really kick start our season!

You can never tell after international break with form but important for a team like us to get on the front foot straight away and look to frighten the living daylights out of other teams because WBA might be one of the better teams in this division and this Fulham team look to me to be all about style & confidence possibly a bit of swagger about them though the Cardiff game did show we have a bit of in the trenches about us. I’m not saying a defeat would be a disaster this early still but quite often it can all be about momentum even this early. It's as good a time as any for a statement win.

Looks like Miitro’s come through unscathed. I do find especially at a team like Fulham where there is a few quid always slushing around that there is no similar type forward as back up for injuries or suspensions? Few would make the point Kamara could step in but apart from pace his lack of technical ability would be a big negative for me over a short or long period.

Seven points would be a good return for the rest of this month before five matches in October where if we have between 25-30 points then unless we go rogue there is every reason to think we will be in the shake up at the end of the season plus the likelihood of strengthening further in January.

Would still like to have seen a very good goalie arrive last window as I have always thought Marcus to have weaknesses and from what I've seen so far this season not a lot of work being done to address these considering how long he’s been a Pro. Have not seen enough of Rodak but would imagine not being sent out on loan means club fancy him to challenge for No 1 spot.

The right back position though Steven has done very well and will keep learning not sure we can say at the moment that position is no longer a worry? Cyrus or Odoi it's still of concern though I would probably go Cyrus on the basis he’s played right back more than Odoi and I wonder if a run of games is what’s needed to get some confidence back.

Hector signing will hopefully keep centre backs on toes both i thought had decent games at Cardiff. The front three pick themselves at the moment and probably two of the midfield though with this department still a lack of pace is evident and my impression last few games is Arter could do with a hand now again with defensive side of the match.
Saturday we have no Arter certainly a loss on present form would be surprised if they went back to the 3 Musketeers at Barnsley? Can see Stefan coming back in though.

If the coaching team can work the defence into a good unit which is required in this league then unless we pick up long term injuries to key players and someone like Mitro does not get suspended for three games we should be in decent nick. The only other slight concern might be complacency in certain games but that's probably the least of the three concerns.

(Fingers Crossed)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.