VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Friday, May 29, 11:06:15amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 04:56:32pm
Author: 'Common' Nick Dummings
Author Host/IP: NoHost / 85.255.234.237
Subject: Yes but you survived, and this allows you to move your focus to the next threat.
In reply to: Glide 's message, "Taking a wider view, if we all don’t get back to work soon this country is fecked. Really really fecked. The job losses will be horrendous, house prices will crash, companies go bust, people will go hungry, Govt will not be able to borrow as Tax returns will be so low, private Pensions will tumble, state pensions will attacked,. We are in deep deep economic trouble, and everyone that is under (say 60, using data for most appropriate age) should go to work. If you have vulnerabilities, wait a bit, if you have vulnerable people in your house, think of an alternative if possible. Furlough will discontinue soon and people will be skint that never have been before.. Covid will not go away, just like aids or flu.The eastern nations will mop up our inability to function and take over quicker than already. That is speaking from someone who has had covid, and 6 weeks later still recovering but working from home." on Friday, May 22, 01:07:30am

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I am self employed and my industry is totally dead... probably won't come back until next year at the earliest. I've been applying for jobs for 2 weeks straight and can't get anything. Can't get the gov't help for self employed either at the moment because I am behind on submitting my tax return. Trying to get it sorted and hoping something will come through next week but am getting very desperate and have never signed on before. Just completed the form but they say I won't get anything until the end of June, and my guess is this will effect me getting the self employed help anyway...Im at the point now where even through the risks are there I have to take them... btw if anyone is hiring please get in contact! (NT) -- FF, Friday, May 22, 06:02:12pm (cpc149998-brnt4-2-0-cust130.4-2.cable.virginm.net/82.24.104.131)
  • My son is in the same spot. That’s why we must look at the stats and take a balanced risk to return to work if you are under say 60. Like Juan says above Austerity is supposed to have killed 100k people. If we don’t get back to work that figure will be dwarfed. The country is never going to reduce debt or deficit. (NT) -- Glide, Saturday, May 23, 02:51:43pm (NoHost/94.190.198.45)

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.