VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:30:15 11/24/10 Wed
Author: Mitch
Author Host/IP: 222.153.143.83
Subject: Do Quail respond well to handrearing?

I have two silver quail, male and female. They, (well, mainly the male!) have successfully raised one clutch of chicks, brilliant parents. Both are quite tame, they let me touch them with a finger, come out and eat their dinner and breakfast out of my hand, and their chicks were very laid back also.

I would love to incubate one of their eggs and hand rear the chick. I have seen many YouTube videos with hand raised quail in, and they look quite cute getting their heads scratched (:

After hand rearing the chick, I will also just incubate some eggs and carry on selling the chicks.

It’s just incubators cost a lot in NZ, for the one I will buy, 50 chicken egg, fan, manual turn, will cost $300NZ! But, that’s the CHEAPEST!
Oh, well, that is okay with me, I live at home, in my last years of school and have a little job, ( and have 11 weeks of holiday in front of me!! (: ) So have enough time for a quail.

I just want to know, do quail respond well, in your experience? I wouldn’t want to buy (EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE) quail things, and the chick not respond well…

PS: Hand reared chick will live separate from parents, so it would bond more with me than other birds.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.