VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:07:53 04/25/11 Mon
Author: Akane
Author Host/IP: 208.68.114.62
Subject: Re: Humidity
In reply to: Devi 's message, "Humidity" on 20:01:48 04/25/11 Mon

Short term humidity highs and lows will not impact the eggs. You only need to worry if it carries on for many days/most of a week. The ideal humidity also varies by incubator and climate. I know some people incubate at 75% and some people incubate at 40% with everything in between and it works for them while it may not work for someone else. Also I've found a different humidity works best for me during different seasons. Different size hatches will also result in different spikes and dips to the humidity. My 200 egg hatch forced me to cut extra holes in my hovabator and occasionally aim a hair dryer through them.

Ideal humidity is so varied it's something I'm always tweaking with every hatch. That's why I open every unhatched egg to try to figure out when it died and why. When I first started I also kept a journal where 3 times a day I recorded the readings and anything I did to alter them. Then I could figure out when an egg died by how developed the chick was and compare it to my journal to see exactly what happened around that time. It's not something you can just say "all hatches do best with x humidity".

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.