VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:15:50 05/17/11 Tue
Author: Hannah
Author Host/IP: 58.164.230.163
Subject: Temperature extremes

we got three button quails recently - we have a large outdoor area and have just put them there. The seem very happy with all the bushes and everything - not at all willing to be handled.

W have set up some areas for shelter but none of the quails seem interested. When it rained they just ducked under some of the bushes. Now it is starting to get colder and I am wondering how they are going to manage - they seem very happy to huddle together in the mornings which can be quite nippy. I am in Australia so there is no snow and it is unlikely for the air temperature to drop below 10 degrees.

So is it necessary for the little things to be put into a sheltered home? how would I do this? how hot and cold can they cope with? (it can easily get to 43 degrees c here in summer) Would it just be a matter of increasing their food levels when the temperature drops? they are already eating so much! (although I don't know how much is normal for a quail...)

thanks
Hannah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.