VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:47:57 05/24/11 Tue
Author: Thomas
Author Host/IP: 76.6.193.6
Subject: Re: Black toes
In reply to: Holly 's message, "Re: Black toes" on 14:30:38 05/24/11 Tue

After buttons die, if you don't notice right away, the blood will start to settle down. Their nails usually look bright red, and their legs look red. However, I have never seen black feet... This is very weird. How long do you think he had been dead for? Black flesh usually means necrosis, death of tissue or organs, but I don't know if it's the same here.

I would hesitate to put crickets in there. How old are these chicks? They're no more than a week old right? If you don't have any eggs that you could hard boil, I would just continue to give them the finely chopped food that you're already giving them. The crickets might be a little big for them to eat right now.

Something we always did for warmth (in addition to the heat lamp) was have a heat pack wrapped in a small dish towel that they could snuggle into. They loved that.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.