VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:26:20 11/26/07 Mon
Author: Anna
Author Host/IP: 70.49.43.81
Subject: Don Re: Buttons in Canada or importing
In reply to: Don 's message, "Re: Buttons in Canada or importing" on 19:36:29 11/12/07 Mon

Hiya Don!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier.. I took a much needed holiday:)
I did indeed join your group as soon as I saw the invite posted .. it hadn't occurred to me to look in yahoo for an email group devoted to BQs.

My colour preferences lean to the grey and cinnamon side of things... I love the lighter colours the best and normals are pretty too. I am not overly fond of the dark brown colourings (like chocolate),unless the females are a lot lighter. So my fav colours in order are:
Silver Pearl
Blue Face Silver
Slate
Smokey
grey
Silver red breasted
Cinnamon Red Breasted
Cinn Blue Face
Normals
Red Breasted
Golden Red Breasted

So you can see how exactly which colour I prefer there eh? LOL

For some reason BQs are very hard to find here... I am not quite sure why. I think the general population hasn't been exposed to them much as of yet. I rarely see them in pets stores.

I found them by accident as I was looking for birds I could add to my aviary..then I moved and had to sell my birds and I am back at square one. I do have everything set up for buttons right now but my aviary is on hold until I get a retaining wall done:-(

I have written a letter to the import officer in charge and am just waiting on her reply. I would be more than happy to share that information with you and will furnish you with the email upon receipt.
It's great to hear you have most of the colours and that you would be happy to help me come up with a plan to get them here:-D . With chickens, I have to order from a vet certified flock...we also have troubles getting fancy chickens if you can believe that lol

I think shipping the eggs would be an easier process than the chicks but we should wait and see.. they don't xray eggs when they are properly declared..otherwise, like you said, it would be a waste of time.

Earlier today I responded to Susan about making a trip to the Detroit-Windsor border when I realised that I need a new passport to get into the USA now..I had totally forgotten about that. So it will be a couple of months before I can pick birds up.

If you have no objections, can I email you directly? You have my email listed here and at your group.

Thanks so much,
Anna

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.