VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:45:53 03/04/10 Thu
Author: Don
Author Host/IP: 67.171.14.86
Subject: Re: "Fallow" BQ mutation
In reply to: Peter 's message, ""Fallow" BQ mutation" on 17:12:27 03/03/10 Wed

I have raised dozens of them over the last couple of years. You can read more about them on Garrie Landry's site at www.zebrafinch.com. I'm one of only a few breeders that have raised them in the US, but they are more readily available now that Garrie is selling fallow eggs on ebay occasionally.

They are very pretty, especially the cinnamon varieties, although the normals are nice too. I hope to produce some silver and ivory fallows this year. I have had them in normal, cinnamon, blue faced, red breasted, and combinations of the above.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for beginners, but for an experienced breeder looking for something new to work with, they are very very interesting.

The stock we have to work with is much stronger than it has been in the past, but it is still a work in progress, and it will take disciplined breeders to keep it moving forward.

I have really enjoyed working with this mutation. Any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Don

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.