VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:17:40 05/30/10 Sun
Author: Jennifer Kagemann
Author Host/IP: 99.50.226.160
Subject: Chicks having loose stools

Hello,

My husband and I are new to button quail and are caring for a couple of chicks that we hatched in the incubator. They are 5 and 6 days old and just getting feathers in on their wings. They have been fed ordinary chick starter exclusively since day two, ground up in the blender. This was a little bag of by-the-pound feed that we got at our local, small town feed store, so I assume it is unmedicated. (We bought some medicated chick feed for our Golden Comet pullets and it has a slightly different color and odor.)

We finally located unmedicated game bird starter but, as I was preparing to give them the new feed, I noticed some soft stools. It has been a couple of hours now and the stools are definitely more loose and kind of clay colored.

Before I alter their diet, I was hoping for some advice. For pictures of the housing and full background story, please see the following link:
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=348650

Also, is there any recommended reading for button quail? I have read up on the internet, but have found some conflicting information so I wondered if there are any excellent books to look for? The more I learn, the more questions I have too, so I hope no one will mind if I ask a lot of questions.

Thank you very much!
Jennifer (and Derek)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.