VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:54:01 06/04/10 Fri
Author: Jennifer Kagemann
Author Host/IP: 99.50.228.116
Subject: Question about quail rails + Could I stop turning eggs on day 12?

Hello!
I received 31 eggs in the post yesterday and started them in the incubator (June 3rd). But here's the question: We have to leave on the 15th for a two-day sleep study at the children's hospital. (Hopefully our 17-month-old daughter will finally be able to have her tracheostomy tube removed!) Do you think the eggs will be OK if we stop turning them after only 12 days? We should still be back before any chicks hatch since we will return on the 17th.

My husband has magnanimously offered to buy me that Little Giant egg turner, but I wanted to find out if it will really be necessary. If we do have to buy it, do we also need "quail rails" since button eggs are so tiny? Also, do the Little Giant quail rails work for Button Quail eggs? I figure they were designed for the more common quail varieties.

Thanks so much!
Jennifer

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.