VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:51:31 06/06/10 Sun
Author: Thomas
Author Host/IP: 68.54.205.23
Subject: Re: Growing Chicks
In reply to: Nathan 's message, "Growing Chicks" on 22:47:39 06/05/10 Sat

Hi!

They're three weeks old? And they have almost all their feathers? Well, I would still leave the light on the birds for two more weeks. BUT I would also make sure it doesn't get too hot in there. And if they are that cramped together, be EXTRA careful to watch them so they don't start fighting with each other. We had that problem... And I highly doubt it was a finch that did it. It was probably one of the females in the aviary who did that. Buttons can be really mean to each other. So be VERY careful when putting them back together. The only thing I can say that might help, is if you put the button's cage in the aviary so both groups get used to seeing each other. Other than that, there is no way to see who will get along when put together...

I hope that helped some, and if I didn't answer everything, just ask again! lol ;-)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.