VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:36:58 06/08/10 Tue
Author: Thomas
Author Host/IP: 68.54.205.23
Subject: Re: Getting first quail, recommendations?
In reply to: Courtney 's message, "Getting first quail, recommendations?" on 21:51:08 06/07/10 Mon

Hi there!

Are you good with chicks? I think it would be more enjoyable to raise them from eggs, if you have all the equipment ready of course. If you don't then, I would still buy fairly young birds. Depending on how large of a set you have depends on how many you should get. The first time we did this, we bought sixty randomly colored eggs, and got about thirty to hatch. And we only had a fourty gallon tank... so, as you can imagine, it got really stinky really fast, and the males did not take kindly to each other. I suggest getting more females than males (because I personally think their personalities are much better). But as a beginner, I would probably only get a trio right now. One male and two females. Be sure they have enough space though... lol I am sorry that I just ranted on so much! that's a bad habbit...

Anyways, good luck with whatever you choose!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.