VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:26:37 07/11/10 Sun
Author: Fran Games
Author Host/IP: 78.147.79.185
Subject: a question about how to make my CPQs as happy as possible

Hi, i have acquired three button quail who are living in my aviary (one rescued male- Jemerey, two bought females- petunia and abiquail-to keep him company). my aviary has a concrete floor, and the aviary sleeping bit is quite raised with a quail ramp (which they do use to go to bed!!). i have, in one sheltered corner, put sand, hay and shredded paper, and mixed in food with this for them to forage (they also have chickcrumbs, canary and finch seed available as well as mealworm,fruit and veg and water). i was wondering what else i could do for them to make them as happy as possible - i dont want to put in anything that is too tempting to hide in as we sometimes flood (hence the quail ramp)and i dont want them to panic and run into a hiding place and get drowned, rather than go up to their beds. the two girls have been practising flying(one is better then the other) but the male just boinks when scared. Any ideas would be greatefully receiveed, especially as poor jeremy had such an awful life before.....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.