VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:51:34 07/17/10 Sat
Author: Thomas
Author Host/IP: 71.54.17.26
Subject: Re: New to Button Quail -- Housing question
In reply to: DennInMi 's message, "New to Button Quail -- Housing question" on 11:51:08 07/15/10 Thu

All this is sounding good! But the wire insert is a big no no!!! It will ruin their feet. So you'll just have to put some bedding on the tray. Also, I've figured out that it really is easier to clean without a wire insert. We used to have those, but since they were tough on the buttons' feet, we got rid of them, and my cleaning time went down by a lot. And I highly suggest separating them into pairs... Males tend to not get along too well, and sometimes females too. Right now, I have five males all by themselves, who have not been with another bird for... over a year in some cases. And they still don't like being near other males. They can get really aggressive. So just watch once you separate them and make sure they are okay with your dividing up. I just keep all mine in one room. And trust me, enjoy them while they're little!!! Because when they grow up, they aren't as cute, and some of them loose their good temper... lol I hope that helped!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.