VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:55:11 10/26/10 Tue
Author: Dawn and Moby
Author Host/IP: 69.171.161.233
Subject: Funky sore thing on a foot

Hi Ya'll,

It has been forever since I have posted... Everything has been going so good until this summer. Moby started growing this weird pustules(SP) they get really hard and then pop with a hard thing coming out. He gets them on his right foot and leg. He is healing from his 3rd one. I put him on Bactrim and keep him in his box for 2 days with the leg and foot wraped and clean. On the 3rd day I feel like he has had enough and has scabbed over good. He is 2 years old and other than this he is very happy and healthy. I was gone for 6 mos to AK and left him in the care of my boyfriend. Without knowing Moby was on an all seed diet. I got home and found his head was scaley and covered in scabs. I figured out he was lacking some vitamin in his diet. That cleared up in about 2 weeks. His feathers are coming back thicker and better than before. What would be causing these weird lumps? I do think he is a product of in-breeding. He came from a swapmeet food breeder. I saved him from someones dinner plate. When these things pop he limps and lays around... even when he is eating and drinking. He won't even stretch when he crows. He can normally crow LOUD but, when he hurts it is a pathetic quiet crow. Almost like it takes too much out of him. Is there anything that I can give him for the pain?

Thanks for any help you can give us,
Dawn and Moby

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.