VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:54:39 02/11/08 Mon
Author: Ursula
Author Host/IP: 98.192.76.68
Subject: Re: My quail are scared of me!!!!!
In reply to: Chris m 's message, "My quail are scared of me!!!!!" on 15:06:13 02/09/08 Sat

When you are around them (feeding, cleaning, whatever) always talk to them. It doesn't matter what you say, but birds like it when you talk because their predators approach them silently.
And be patient, they will get used to you. All birds are skittish in the beginning.
A very good way to make them like you is give them mealworms, they love them. Start feeding them in a cup, after a while they will eat them out of your hand because they like them so much. (But only a few a day, they are very fattening. ;-)

I heard the tips above over and over on this board, and they worked for me and my buttons. Mine are not completely hand tame, but I didn't force that either. They are in a big aviary and I have other birds as well, I wasn't trying to tame them completely. However, when I go into the aviary and have my worm cup in hands, they come running and eat them out of my hand.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: My quail are scared of me!!!!! -- mike, 17:17:57 03/21/08 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.