VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:35:52 03/06/10 Sat
Author: Charlie
Author Host/IP: 74.235.218.142
Subject: Re: Helping a hatch and bleeding
In reply to: Holly 's message, "Re: Helping a hatch and bleeding" on 13:34:35 03/06/10 Sat

Hi Holly-

I'm sorry about your loss. It is so sad (and tempting) to try and save them and most of the times we are unsuccessful.

Let me tell you (for future reference) my experience. I second what Ronda said. It is best to leave them alone once they pip. There are several reasons why.

The first one is that during the last three days of the chicks, are the most important incubation period of the whole 16 days. This being said, you shoul not open the incubator at all during the last three days. If you open the incubator to help the chick, the humidity inside the incubator drops and the other eggs will not only suffer from low humidity but will also chill and they will be too weak to hatch.

The second thing is just like Ronda said, normally, when a chick is too weak to hatch on its own, it most likely have issues later in life. It could have curled toes, leg problems, genetic issues etc.

One question? Did you stop turning the eggs on day 13th? Were they laid on their sides?

I know theres more that I wanted to say but my kids are screaming next to me and driving me crazy! lol. If I remember later, I will continue my post. :0

Charlie

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.