VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:50:07 07/29/11 Fri
Author: akane
Author Host/IP: 207.32.63.201
Subject: Re: Question
In reply to: TT 's message, "Question" on 21:35:53 07/22/11 Fri

How many are in there? I kept 4, 3 hens and 1 roo in a 1.5x4' (6sq ft) aquarium. I wouldn't go higher than that. If you have too many roos they may fight and if you have too many birds over all they'll pick at each other. I usually kept them altogether in big pens until I could figure out who was what gender and then made my pairs, trios, and for that one large cage a group of 4. Always with 1 roo. Then I would sell the rest before they started fighting. Sometimes they'd fight randomly. Everyone would be fine and happy and then one random day I'd hear a commotion and go in to find half my birds in a pen bleeding cause the males suddenly decided it was mating time and launched in to territory battles.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Question -- TT, 00:11:30 08/01/11 Mon

Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.