VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:23:18 08/10/11 Wed
Author: Susanna
Author Host/IP: 66.240.79.208
Subject: My silly pet button quail's hysterical new behavior

My pet button quail, Poot, is quite the little firecracker...when he's not crowing for me, he spends his days getting pissed off at the birds' calls and all the other strange noises he hears coming from outside (there is a blackbird that he especially hates lol). Oh yeah, and he has a special irritated chirp/growl that he makes every time he hears the a/c click on...and I mean EVERY time hehe.

When he's especially pissed at some random noise, he fluffs up, holds his wings out in a threatening manner, and races around frantically as male buttons tend to do. But lately, I've observed him doing something new that totally cracks me up. He has a little wooden house in his cage that he likes to jump up on top of to crow, watch what I'm doing, etc. Well, I was in bed reading, when his mortal enemy the blackbird cried out...Poot leaps up onto the roof of his house with extreme force, fluffs up while holding his wings out from his body, and then proceeds to spin around in complete circles over and over again as rapidly as a button quail can manage (kinda like a dog chasing its tail). Equal parts hysterical and ridiculous, let me tell ya! The funniest part came when he started to get dizzy and off-balance from all the spinning and so fell off the roof into a crack upside-down. I of course burst out laughing but got up to go check on him and after some indignant feather ruffling, he acted all pathetic and climbed into my hand for some cuddling and reassurance.

Since then, I've observed him doing this rooftop spinning in circles thing on a regular basis and it never fails to make me laugh. Just wondering, is this very common male button quail behavior? Has anyone else been entertained by this behavior?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.