VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:39:41 10/20/11 Thu
Author: Chris
Author Host/IP: 66.186.93.222
Subject: Re: Sick Male
In reply to: Jesse 's message, "Sick Male" on 01:54:18 10/20/11 Thu

Hi Jesse,
Yes, I would agree, your little button seems alittle "off". I would do the set up that should help sick birds. A heat lamp or source of warmth should help...possibly a lamp placed over half of his cage and or a heat pad - again, over half of his cage so he has choice to be in or out of the heat( I would cover his cage with a towel or blanket too). Offer some hard-boiled egg yolk and any goodies he likes...but the egg is good for protein and they usually like it. In the meantime, monitor his progress, stool form etc. If he continues to behave sickly, it would be a good idea to take him to a vet who deals with birds...they may want to look at a stool sample also. Has there been any change to his diet, what do you feed him and has there been a change in his surroundings or additional stress?

Good luck!

Chris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.