VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:56:18 12/21/11 Wed
Author: Chris
Author Host/IP: 66.186.93.54
Subject: Re: question about old sick male
In reply to: anon 's message, "question about old sick male" on 20:02:01 12/20/11 Tue

Hello,
Your sweet old male is a good age, but, I find that they really respond well to a "sick bird" set-up for a long time, sometimes extends their life for months, even over a year, from my experience. The heating pad was a very good idea. What I would do, in addition, which is important, is to have a warm light at or in his cage so that he can "bask" under it...sometimes with these old fellows, their eyesight is bad and the light helps them see their food, feed longer and keep warm. You may need to prop him up with a little facecloth or something, near the light, with possibly hard-boiled egg or other treats within reach(make sure the cloth is tightly woven to avoid their little nails getting caught). Also, if eyesight is in question, have food available on a clean white paper towel or something like that so it contrasts, and tempts them to eat. Watch that breathing. I really believe that the warm light really helps them along.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers!

Chris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.