VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:24:49 02/09/12 Thu
Author: tiffani
Author Host/IP: 24.5.48.99
Subject: Re: new button owners.. thanks chris!
In reply to: Chris 's message, "Re: new button owners" on 06:21:05 02/07/12 Tue

we got two little button hens, the place where we got them was a bird store and it was almost a hoarding of buttons.. she showed us them from eggs to htchlings to kids, to teenagers, all of which she said we could not buy (they were all so pretty too). Then she shows us the cage where the ones for sale were and everything i had read NOT to do was being done, they were in a wire cage with no sawdust or hideyholes, and there were 12 in the cage and they were all featherless and beat up looking, and eventough we really wanted a "prettier" button, we made a family desicion to break free two that were in the best shape . So we got them home and for the first 24 hours or so they were very still and all puffed up, and didnt eat anything. so I hooke dthem up with a little heating pad and made them as comfy as possible ( we are keepin them for now in a big kennel cab) Now its been four days, they are eating alot of grain and i am slowly putting different foods into thier cage. they are drinking water and last night we heard the cutest chirps coming from the cage... our 8 yo girl said they were laughing and saying thank you for rescuing us.. We are working on getting them used to us..i like to put them in my sweater .. How long have you been rasing Buttons?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.