VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:42:21 03/04/12 Sun
Author: Kay
Author Host/IP: 99.9.37.152
Subject: Cage advice for quails?

Hi there! I'm planning to buy my first set of quails, so I've been doing TONS of research... I have a couple questions for you all, if you could answer them for me :)

I wanted to ask: A lot of people seem to differ on what kind of cage is best for button quails. I've heard everything from tanks, wire cages, rabbit hutches, and the obvious outdoor aviary. I've noticed most websites I've looked at mention just getting a custom quail habitat... Each of the sources I've looked up tends to refute the other, which doesn't help!

I live in a small house with not a lot of room. I'm mostly planning to keep my set of quails as pets, and I'm most likely not getting more than one pair for now. I'd really like to know YOUR experience with quail habitats -- which ones are easiest to maintain, easiest to clean, and best to use in order to tame quails.

I was also wondering if other methods of keeping birds work on quails, i.e. using a towel at "night time" and things like that.

Thanks so much!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.