VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:27:19 03/28/12 Wed
Author: Nancy
Author Host/IP: 64.178.147.45
Subject: Re: BUTTON QUAIL SURVEY
In reply to: Kay 's message, "BUTTON QUAIL SURVEY" on 00:23:24 03/20/12 Tue

First button quail ~1.5 years ago
Bought my first budgie at age 10; bird-keeping runs in the family but doesn't include my parents. Decided to add button quail to my aviary due to reading about them in a multi-species poorly-translated poorly-edited dutch bird book.
Started with 4 purchased quail plus a severely disabled 5th freebie.
I have dogs and fish.
I currently have many, but will be downsizing in the next couple months.
All colours except tuxedo.
All habitats except outdoors.
Interact when I have time, i.e., highly variable
Feeding is the most satisfying interaction.
Dry food is available 24/7.
Live food is offered on a highly variable non-schedule, any time of day or night.
None are hand-tame, but some are very familiar with me and come over in hopes of a treat.
Most are just impersonal pets; others I am more attached to.
I keep them because I like variety and they are different from my other birds in many ways.
My advice would be to provide the largest enclosure a new owner has the space and budget for.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: BUTTON QUAIL SURVEY -- Dawn and Andrew, 17:22:56 06/26/12 Tue

Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.