VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:51:07 08/14/12 Tue
Author: Joey
Author Host/IP: 58.169.161.49
Subject: King Quail Mating

Hi, i have 4 king quails (1 male and 3 female) bought from a pet shop recently almost 2 weeks ago. They were kept in a cage and i bought them all together... my question will be that they are not mating at all... i can't find anyone who has same problem with me it is more like they are making too many eggs... : (

i made a cage for them (appx 130cm x 50cm x 50cm height) with a small bedding area attached. In the bedding area, i put bedding grass hay around and sand, few rocks to hide and play around. It seems like they are having happy time jumping around, stretching, taking sunbath, sand showering and flipping their wings often but the male doesn't seem like interested in mating at all... Is it because i put 3 x females with him? or cage problem..?

All the clips that i researched via Youtube regarding king quails showing worse living environment than i have.. : ( but they are laying eggs...

I am feeding them bird grains.. chick crumbs.. cucumber, bok choi, apple, egg shell etc and meal worms once a day...

I don't know what to do. One thing curious though is that they are not going into the bedding area after the sunset. Once it gets darker they always just gather together in the middle of lounge(?) area but once it gets bright enough to see bedding area, they really enjoys inside... i've tried to cover bedding area to give them safety feeling but they are not going into there at all during the day as well if it doesn't have any lights.. i've installed a light in the bedding area also but didn't help...

Is it something that i am doing wrong...? or do i need to wait and be patient...

Please help~ i am a serious king quail lover and i am ready to do anything to make them happy!!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.