VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:21:29 11/18/12 Sun
Author: Rhiannon
Author Host/IP: 66.84.118.60
Subject: Re: Color Change?
In reply to: Chris 's message, "Re: Color Change?" on 07:57:03 11/17/12 Sat

Thanks for replying Chris, and thank you very much for the compliment. :)

This whole thing is quite strange because it's still progressing. His chest is now mostly those barred/stripped feathers, and they have also begun to spread to his back.

As far as genetics go, the red chest and blue body with the white and black face and bib was the same coloring his dad had, and the color he's changing looks exactly like his mom's coloring. I used to own his mom and dad, but his mom passed away a few years ago and his dad died last year. Unfortunately, none of his siblings from previous broods lived very long so I don't know if this is a genetic disorder or a mutation. He is actually the last button quail I own, and he's the only baby to live this long. :(

At least he hasn't started laying eggs. And he still crows like a male. So it's probably not likely he is changing gender, but I'll continue to keep an eye on him.

I wish I knew more about button quails as far as disorders and genetics went, but I haven't found a whole lot of research on them. I guess this might be another one of life's great mysteries.

Thank you very much for all of the help. I'll keep updating if anything strange happens, or if his coloring completely changes, or if anything new comes up.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.