VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:37:27 12/14/12 Fri
Author: Kathleen
Author Host/IP: 70.190.206.138
Subject: Re: BUTTON QUAIL SURVEY
In reply to: Kay 's message, "BUTTON QUAIL SURVEY" on 00:23:24 03/20/12 Tue

Kathleen
Scottsdale AZ
2 years
in august of 2010
I have always wanted chickens, but the HOA wont allow it, and my parents dont approve.. So then I found out about BQ, and ended up finding a loophole-- The HOA never said i COULDNT keep them; thus leaving open all the possibilities for raising quail!!! I finally got my parents to agree, and a month later, MY FIRST HATCH!!! ^_^ (it wasnt a very good one though... and they got out and ran away, lost all four of them. but im alot better at this now! Even selling eggs---- oops.. im in life-story mode here.. ^_^" sorry about that...)
38 eggs was my first batch... ended up with four. (like i said-- not very good hatch.)
Yes. I have a dog... and a turantula. Hopinf to get a snake for christmas!!! (my parents think im insane.)
I currently have around ten.. not laying eggs yet! waiting on them though... mix of coturnix and buttons- they get on suprisingly well in the same cage!
I have... Darth Vaders (My fav! NEVER SELL!!!), silvers, tuxes, pied.. yeah thats it right now; I have what I beleive is a white chick though... not sure.
They live in an old- cleaned with bleach and disinfected, misquito (Not sure if thats spelled correctly.. But whatevz) netting to keep the bugs out, in my backyard- garage in the winter-, ive turned it into a multi-level home. There are two floors, the top for my breeders, bottom for my egg-laying coturnix babies! Yum! fresh-picked eggs for brekfast! (or there will be soon atleast!)
EVERY DAY!!! Thats how I keep a strong 'motherly' bond and make sure they behave themselves! I let them play and run free in my room, on my bed, ect...
I keep a dish of food in the cage, emptying, cleaning, and refilling it every day or two-- with school its become harder, but i manage! thyr my babies after all!
I sometimes give them live-food treats like crickets and mealworms, but not TOO often- It keeps them healthy and thyr so cute to watch rip a small insect into tiny peices!!! (idc if i sound demented! YOU CANNOT DENY THE ADORABLE-ISH-NESS!!!)
Yeah, most of them, coturnix in particular.. you have to LITTERALLY push them away from you if you want to go anywhere- thyr just that people friendly!! SCREW THE HOA!!! I GOTZ ME SOME QUAILZ!
I love my quail half to death- cried for three days when the first four ran away, it broke my heart.. one managed to survive, i just cant catch him.. The one anti-social quail of that batch... oh the irony..
1: Intruiging 2: Challenging 3: Amazing 4: Love 5: responsibility
I keep quail because i cant stand the snobby brats in my neighborhoods (parents are divorced.. moving the birds is complicated..) so, naturaly, i hate most people! >:) Yeah, cant stand anyone, no joke. all i do is sit in my room and play with my quail, sharing an apple with them. Damn they love apples! XD Its so funny!
The advice i would give iiiiiisssss:
Don't give up if something goes wrong the first few times, cry, but dont give up or forget about it! Stick with it! You probably need something to cheer you up when your upset right?! PLAY WITH YOUR BUTTONS!!!! THEY LOVE TO PLAY! SO PLAY PEOPLE, MAKE THEM HAPPY AND PLAY! be a little kid again!!! weve all got that little kid in our heart! By buttons bring it out in me!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.