VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:01:48 01/23/13 Wed
Author: Dawn and Andrew
Author Host/IP: 216.67.75.203
Subject: Re: Seizures?
In reply to: Chris 's message, "Re: Seizures?" on 22:49:46 01/22/13 Tue

Hi Ya'll
Andrew is back with me. the Vet has some thought on what this could be.
#1-- Lead or Zinc poisoning. He thinks this because I bead ALOT and my niece has TONS of glitter make up. We had xrays done and there is something that is in his gut. We are doing the calcium injections here at home and if this works by binding to the toxins then we have a minor surgery to get rid of the metals.
#2-- This could be Marek's Disease. If this is the case then there won't be any improvement with the injections and I will have to put him down. This is caught from unvaccinated chickens. Being from AK we don't see it alot and the chances are significant. I did have him at the fair this last year and who knows there is a possibility of just 1 bird having the virus and no one knew.
Right now I am helping him be comfortable and loving on him as much as possible. I did promise him that if he makes it through he is getting a girlfriend and have a little quail family.
I will keep everyone updated.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.