VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:19:50 02/04/13 Mon
Author: Martha
Author Host/IP: 60.225.67.3
Subject: Quail chick with weird leg problem

Hi, I have bred Button's as you call them King's to us here in Australia for about 6 years.
I have a little chick about 3 days old. I am not sure if it was a birth defect or it got injured in the aviary, before I got to move them into the nursery enclosure I have for them.
Anyways I moved them over and they are all doing great and the mother and dad are doing a great job as usual, but they do sometimes by mistake step on their kids, with no real harm.
Well, this little chick is falling behind in weight to its siblings a little bit. It has one normal leg and one leg at first it couldn't use at all, but now more, but it still looks weird.
When I first noticed it I put some anti-inflammatory cream on the leg and it improved to the point it puts weight on it, but it is still weird. Will not put foot flat on floor, walls with all toes together. It is not a spay leg (never had spay legged babies, but have seen it), it kind of looks as if the hip is out.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can treat this little guy? He is keep up with his family fine in nursery cage, but he is always the last to get to the food and water and mommy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.