VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:04:27 12/10/13 Tue
Author: Dawn and Gabby
Author Host/IP: 209.112.132.26
Subject: Up dates on my floc

It has been almost a year since Andrew left me and went on to bigger and better things. In that time I have adopted another quail. He is a big beautiful bobwhite. He has been blessed with the name Zenzal. A 6 year old made his name up for him, we call him Zen. Gabriel is now Gabby and very bonded to Zen. It is so funny to watch them together. She grooms Zen like he is her mate. It took me a long time to get over Andrew. I had to send his little body to the state vet office so that they could test him for everything. Turned out that he had a stroke that was caused by zinc and lead. No Marek's, thank god. We have had many clutches of eggs from Gabby and I finally had enough and took her to our vet and put her on birdie birth control... She is on Lupron forever now. Can't have her using up her calcium. She needs it for her good leg. I entered Zen in the fair this year and did VERY well. He took 5 firsts grand champion quill and a third. Together Gabby and Zen received Peoples choice. Gabby got an ambassador metal from the 4h kids. It was a lot of fun and can't wait for it again next year. It was so worth being there day in and day out showing kids that not all birds need to have 2 legs to be a show bird. I know Gabby and Zen loved it too getting lots of snuggles and love. During this time of the year I think a bit about how much things have changed in my life over the year. This year I had a few ups and downs. Mostly ups and thanks to to beautiful little souls I have ended this on a gimormous up.
Merry Christmas,
Dawn, Dee~va, Gabby and Zen

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.