VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:37:30 07/11/14 Fri
Author: sandeeeeee
Author Host/IP: 101.165.180.60
Subject: Re: Button Quail fight !
In reply to: FaerieFinch 's message, "Re: Button Quail fight !" on 11:45:30 07/01/14 Tue

I have 2 males as well and they also fight. Sometimes I'm not sure if they're having fun or actually scared of each other. Sometimes they seem to make these chirping sounds which sound a bit like one's challenging/enticing the other one, I'm not too sure. I have two cages joined together that can separate the two and they seem pretty happy on their own during the day but still being able to see each other. At night, I've noticed they press up against the cage so that their backs are touching each other (that's how they used to sleep before I got the second cage) so I'm not sure whether they enjoy cuddling up to each other. However, whenever I open the door and let them together they just start chasing and pecking each other again so then I have to separate them in case things get out of hand.
One of the quails pecked the other one so hard on the head that he drew blood, which then got infected and grew into a hideous lump and we had to visit the vet (went on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and now luckily the lump has gone down a lot). I asked the vet about the fighting and the chasing and she thought maybe there was a bit of playing involve but to always keep an eye on it just in case. Hope that helps

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.