VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:25:42 10/02/14 Thu
Author: Shannon
Author Host/IP: 115.187.253.208
Subject: ideas for entertaining a permanently eyeless (wounded) and housebound rescue quail

Hello. 6 months ago I rescued a young male quail (a brown quail,in australia, but I ask here because this is a forum where you don't just want to eat quails!) ... this quail had a big open eye wound, blind on one side and the other eye still sees but has no eyelids. With the vet, we have infections under control and he lives in my house with a deluxe huge cage the size of a child's bed, and he wasp himself up in blankets to sleep and we let him out to roam the house and he has his own dirt pile refreshed every week etc. he is strong and well, but has to be alone because any other quail would peck his eyes. Does anyone have any ideas of things we could do to make him happier? he likes to be held in our arms up to the window at sunset, he crows at the setting sun and watches the outside birds with his good eye. he gets unlimited mealworms and veges and rice as well as poultry pellets. I clean his wound everyday so it is free of dirt and regrowing hairs that aggravate, and he has company in the form of two cockatiels that talk with us... but can anyone recommend something else I can do ? I want him to be happier . i worry he is bored.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.