VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:59:33 06/29/20 Mon
Author: Jewels2018
Author Host/IP: 24.155.201.224
Subject: NEED HELP ASAP

I do not know anything about raising button quails or any other birds for that matter but recently my bf decided he was going to start raising button quail. I don’t know what happened but on his last round only 1 hatched and it doesn’t look good. He said he could hear the bird trying to get out of the egg 2 days ago then it hatched yesterday. He moved it to the other little box with the light . Sorry I do not know the bird lingo. The bird looks very weak. He can’t walk and it looks like he can’t really pick up his head for very long without some assistance. It looks like he stayed in the egg too long. I was able to get him to drink twice today. I tried feeding him but he didn’t really eat. He just curls up and lays there. I’m checking the temp. I put a terry cloth towel under him for warmth and for texture hoping his feet could have something to grab on too. I don’t know what to do. The bird is now at my house since I’m off until Thursday night. I am a NICU RN so I’m supposed to be good with this stuff but with humans not baby birds. If someone could please just give me some direction. How often should I try to get him to drink? Feed? I don’t want to overstimulate him and stress him out. What do I do. Early he was trying to get up and walk but I think he wore himself out. What do I do. Please help!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.