VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:19:34 03/05/08 Wed
Author: Rita
Author Host/IP: 24.15.111.210
Subject: parakeets..*off topic...sorry*

I have had birds for years...yes buttons too...in fact I used to post here all the time. My buttons are good, although I haven't raised any babies for a couple years now.
My problem is with my pair of parakeets. They finally laid one egg on the first of the month and when the hen sits on the egg, it slips out behind her and she doesn't realize it. I know birds usually lay an egg a day or so until the clutch is full, but it's been 5 days now and just the one egg. I got them a natural nest, looks like a tree limb, hollow with a hole.
Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions? I'm afraid the egg is cooling off too many times a day, for too long of periods. It seems to happen more at night. I thought of maybe glueing a milk cap in there so the egg can't get out from under her. But she doesn't let me in there.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.