VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:22:24 06/09/08 Mon
Author: Cindy
Author Host/IP: 205.188.117.72
Subject: My Quail Robert

I tried to post this earlier, but it didn't show up on the board, so I'll try again. Also, my original post was "Lone Quail" but I see another post with the same Subject, so changed the Message Subject to avoid confustion. Last fall I bought a pair of Zebra finches. The breeder "threw in" a lonely button quail. They said he'd do fine with the finches. Well, they pick on him, so I separated them. Now he is by himself. I get him out every night for a spell. He's never really tamed down, but does sit on my lap sometimes for a brief time (on the floor of course). He has a bad eye (probably hatched that way, and
I'm guessing that's why they gave him to me....no one else wanted him). I named him Robert (after the story....That Quail Robert...who incidentally turned out to be Roberta). He's a wacky little bird, but sure is fun. Just wondering what your thoughts are on keeping a single bird, and how big should his area be if there is only one. Any suggestions to make his little life happy would be appreciated.
Thanks for the input!
Cindy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.