VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:35:42 06/09/08 Mon
Author: Natasha
Author Host/IP: 66.169.90.240
Subject: Re: My Quail Robert
In reply to: Chris 's message, "Re: My Quail Robert" on 18:36:49 06/09/08 Mon

welcome to the world of button quail!

the eye problem is probably from birth, or from a fight, but as long as he doesn't seem to be bothered he should be fine.

I would suggest an area atleast 1 foot by 1 foot for a single, 18 inches by 18 for a pair. remember the more room the happier the buttons will be. this allows there to be plenty of room for hiding places. may i suggest a 10 or 20 gallon aquariun with some silk plants, soil bedding and a reptile mesh lid? that is what i use for youngsters and they love it. i also put in a few rabbit accesories like a wood shelter, log bridges ect. anything should be fine. but remember they can not perch, so avoid perches.

i do suggest getting a mate for it. is it a male or a female? (guessing male) if you need help sexing it, please e-mail me. a female would be the safest bet because sometimes sexing goes wrong and housing 2 males together can cause problems. if you want a mate i would be more than happy to send you a female, as i have lots of chicks that just hatched 3 days ago (large variety of colors). they can be shipped at 5 weeks of age.

what habitat are you keeping him in now? if you are going to get another one keep him in the temporary cage until the new bird arives and you can place both of them in the new enviroment together, this way they won't fight as much (sometimes they can be territorial if a new bird is introduced into an established bird's cage).

if you need any help please click on my name and i would be more than happy to help you out!!!

Natasha

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.