VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:50:00 06/10/08 Tue
Author: Natasha
Author Host/IP: 66.169.90.240
Subject: Serious Problems With Chicks

Ok, yesterday one of my June 6th chicks died from splay legg. Thismorning i found 2 chicks that had also died, but they showed no sign of ANY problems. they were streched out, so i am guessing they were dehydrated. the odd thing is that they were right next to the FULL water bowl.

just now i noticed 2 more chicks that are not dead, but are not looking good. one i walking and everything but it's tiny. like a newborn still with wet feathers but i havent had any chicks hatch since the 7th. He is drinking and eating, just tiny. The second chick was showing signs of dehydration so i eye-droppered h20 to him. my question is what could i give him, i think he's not eating.

what could be causing these problems?

oh, if it means anything, all 5 chicks (the 3 dead ones and the 2 that are going down hill) are all the same color. their down is bright yellow with darker rumps and heads. that makes me think they are from the same cock (i have a white male that only throws chicks with yellow down) or hen

please help,
Natasha

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.