VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:47:56 06/30/08 Mon
Author: Ursula
Author Host/IP: 165.109.1.240
Subject: Re: night thrashing??
In reply to: Christine 's message, "night thrashing??" on 09:12:30 06/30/08 Mon

I have an aviary and my birds do that once in a while. I don't know who or what starts it, I always think it's the budgies, but it could also be the buttons... When I turn a light on in the adjacent room they usually calm down quickly and after a while I can turn it off. But sometimes they do that again after I have turned the light off, and then I just leave that light on for the night. It's not lighting up the aviary, it's just shining in from the side a little so it's not completely dark.
Maybe putting a little shaded nightlight next to their cage would help? I've read about people doing that with their birds regularly. I guess you have to experiment...

Hope that helps. I hope somebody else has more and better recommendations...

Ursula

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: night thrashing?? -- Manny, 18:36:03 07/04/08 Fri
  • Re: night thrashing?? -- Trina, 00:30:19 07/12/08 Sat

Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.