VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:48:04 07/11/08 Fri
Author: Trina
Author Host/IP: 217.42.56.58
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday Rhonda!!
In reply to: Rhonda 's message, "Re: Happy Birthday Rhonda!!" on 13:55:04 07/11/08 Fri

Sounds like you had a great Birthday Rhonda, the dinner sounds lovely, lucky you!! Hope you got some nice presents & I'm glad you liked the ecard!!

You guys are right, you're only as old as you feel & age is just a state of mind. Or sometimes just a matter of perception I've realised, I had a couple of funny things the last couple of weeks. First my nephew said to me 'Auntie Trina, you know in the olden days... When you were little? They didn't have toys did they?....You had to make your own toys didn't you?' LOL! Everyone over the age of 20 is ancient when you're a 7 year old.

Then I went to buy some tobacco & got asked for I.D, I just laughed & said 'Are you joking?' the lady replied sternly 'You don't look 18 to me'....when I told her my age she still asked for I.D so I got my driving license out & she then said 'But it hasn't got a photo on it' Erm, that's because they didn't have photos on your license when I passed my test!!

Must admit that made my day, I still feel the same as I did years ago, so if some blind old biddy thinks I look the same too that's fine by me!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.