VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:08:09 07/17/08 Thu
Author: Trina
Author Host/IP: 217.42.56.58
Subject: Re: hard boiling button eggs
In reply to: Rhonda 's message, "Re: hard boiling button eggs" on 11:22:12 07/17/08 Thu

Multi tasking doesn't always work, does it Rhpnda? LOL!

I boil up my quail eggs every week to feed back to the birds. Usually I fill the pan with warm water, drop the eggs in one by one, any that float to the top have gone off, so I bin them. Then I put the pan on the boil, once it reaches boiling point & starts to bubble I give them 5 minutes to be sure they're properly cooked, then drain, rinse & leave to cool. If you put them in the fridge afterwards they should be good for up to a week, but make sure they're dry before you put them in the fridge because they can go mouldy if they're still damp.

When I feed them back to the birds I just bung them in the blender with the shells still on, they all go mad for it!! It's a great way to recycle the eggs & it helps them replenish the nutrients they used up making the eggs in the first place. Hope this helps.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.