VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:22:25 07/17/08 Thu
Author: Trina
Author Host/IP: 217.42.56.58
Subject: Hey Rhonda!!

Sounds like you had a great anniversary! Do tell me there's a Naples in Florida & you didn't actually fly all the way to Italy? Sounds awesome!!

I just read about the button problems you had while you were in NYC, so sorry, that sounds awful. I don't think I'd trust anyone with my pets, probably one of the reasons I haven't had a holiday in so long!! A few months back I had two big converted hutches in my Dad's garage, each with a pair of male Quails in. Dad decided to move them into the back garden as he couldn't get to his tools & he then opened one of the hutches, one of the quails, Erik, flew off, I think Dad went into the street & spent all of two minutes looking for him. He didn't tell me until 3 hours later, so I went out in the street searching & one of my neighbours said that a bird had flown into his window earlier, he came out, saw it laying there stunned & just left it. I found Erik hiding under a bush in his front garden but just as I went to grab him he flew off, over the road & into the next street. I spent 3 days searching peoples gardens & posting leaflets but I never found Erik again. Such a shame, he was a gorgeous bird, he was dark but his underneath wing feathers were white, it only showed up when he spread his wings, I'd never seen that before. Needless to say, I don't really trust anybody not to let my birds escape. I don't think I'd even trust anyone to turn eggs lol

I've had such a busy few days I haven't really had time to check in on the board. I gave the aviary a really good clean out on Sunday, then on Monday I took down all the nest boxes & gave them a good clean out,(I'd been putting it off for weeks) & came across red mites. So the last few days I've had to take all the nestboxes out again & treat them all with mite powder. Every single one was teeming with them, it's been a long job as I've tried to be as thorough as I can, getting the powder in all the crevices with a little paintbrush. I feel a bit ill now though from breathing in the powder. On top of that I've been trying to deal with a mouse infestation in the aviary, I've laid live traps & have managed to catch quite a few since I first put them down Sunday night. I'm now half expecting to find a load of cockroaches having a party out there!!

Be prepared for a lengthy email soon, I'll try to keep the theatre talk off the board & bore just you rigid instead!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.