VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:17:37 08/05/08 Tue
Author: Ursula
Author Host/IP: 168.230.130.248
Subject: Re: taming the babies
In reply to: mary clausen 's message, "taming the babies" on 16:32:46 08/04/08 Mon

Try to lure them with mealworms, they love them! If you don't want to hold a mealworm in your hand put them in a little cup and hold that. But I've read you shouldn't give them more than a few a day because they are very fattening. ;-) I am sure once they get used to your hand feeding them you will be able to also pick them up.
My buttons are not scared of me and come running when I have mealworms, but they are not hand tame either, I never pick them up. However, I don't really try to either, I don't think that birds are pets that really want to be cuddled...
I've read on other posts that people had good success with hand raised buttons hatched in an incubator that get imprinted to your hand instead of a mother. I assume you would never get buttons as tame as that once they are a little older.
Hope that helps a little.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: taming the babies -- Diane, 10:38:52 08/05/08 Tue

Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.