VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:42:22 08/06/08 Wed
Author: Rhonda
Author Host/IP: 76.1.177.223
Subject: Re: Another one dying
In reply to: Ursula 's message, "Re: Another one dying" on 10:22:56 08/06/08 Wed

Hi Kalina,

Yes, try Ursula's suggestion with a small stuffed animal or soft wash cloth. We've had that work before. And with just one button, you have a better chance of taming him, if you choose to do that.

You could have used your husband's cage successfully, if you had wrapped a sheet or towels around it to hold in the heat. (I had a baby die this way in June. It hatched while we were gone, and the sitter left it in a normal bird cage. The surrogate hen did not care for it properly. I asked the sitter to put the heat lamp on the cage and wrap it with towels. She did, but not enough to hold heat in properly. The little thing died on day four. So sad.)

Life is a learning process, and these little birds have much to teach us, I've found out, surprisingly! You can let this experience become one of your life lessons, and you will be better prepared the next time. Even though you are hurt and angry, please try not to blame your husband. He was just trying to help; he's learning, too. (I know this, too, from experience!)

If you could get a thermometer to measure the heat in the cage, that would be good. You don't want the lamp to be too close to the chick. Also, make a place where he can go to cool off, if he gets too hot. A small box turned on its side would work.

Hope all goes well. Enjoy your little buddy!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.