VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:28:08 01/18/08 Fri
Author: Thomas
Author Host/IP: 71.52.179.246
Subject: Help!

One of my females, Jamie, has something wrong with her. At first I thought it was eggbinding, but then my mom pointed out that if she hadn't laid in a week, she would be dead by now. And aren't they usually caused by lack of cal? if so that would be impossible becasue I have been very good about giving them grit this week. Then I thought it was a head injury. The cage she is in is pretty much boink proof except for the edges which are lined with hard plastic, but this is only about an inch. She is lethargic and weak, and she stumbles when she walks, as if she is off balance. she was closing her eyes, but is now alert. Her poop is very yellow and runny, and her vent looks slightly more open then her sister Pacho's. I really don't want her to be sick, and I do want her to recover, but with what happened to the last bird with a head injury, I don't think she'll make it.

Could this be anything other than a head injury, and if so, how do I treat it? I'm sure my mom will post latter giving other details I have over looked, but that should do for now. I have put her under the heating lamp in a small box, but she won't go under it I have seen her eat a little bit of food, but not for at least three hours, and I haven't seen her drink either. I have put some hard boiled egg with her that has been crushed finely.

Any advice will be appreciated.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.