VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:36:09 02/13/08 Wed
Author: Alex
Author Host/IP: 72.171.0.145
Subject: A reminder to people buying and selling pets online

I thought I should remind anyone buying or selling pets.
Please remember if you have never had contact with a person whom is contacting you about buying or selling you a pet.
You can do a simple Google search of the Name, Email and or Phone number they are giving you as contact.
To do a simple search Just go to Google.com and in their search box, type it in this way...
"soandso@whatever.com"
or
"jane doe, state"
or
"000-555-1212"

these will give you results of other postings and messages that person has posted under those contacts.

In some rare cases you may find posts on other pet groups and forums of people saying they bought or sold to that person and something bad happened, it is then your next move as to if you deal with that person or not.

I am posting this only because I know we can all get stars in our eyes that blur our true vision, and in pet sales and purchase we sometimes get so excited about a deal that we forget to guard ourselves.
I myself have seen stars when finding a bird I so badly wanted and ran right out to purchase only finding out later what I bought was NOT what I thought I was buying.

So I thought I would just mention it, also it is always best to get at the very least a 1 week written guarantee on small birds and small mammals to improve your chances of getting your money back or a replacement just in case something happens.

Thanks for reading, hope I have given us all a reminder to think about.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.