VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:55:28 05/16/08 Fri
Author: Neno J. Spagna
Author Host/IP: 205.161.226.93
Subject: Humidity Control

Humidity control in Florida during the hot summer months is extremely difficult. I am incubating 55 Gamble quail eggs in a small Hova-Bator. I hope to be adding 30 Button quail eggs as soon as the Gambel eggs have hatched. I have hatched chicks as well as Cortunix quail in the Hova-Bator. It works fine and I like it very much. The problem I have is in controlling the humidity. Here in Florida where the humidity is naturally very high and varies from day to day, day to night, etc. it is very difficult to maintain a steady humidity in the 58 to 60% range. Todays daytime normal outside humidity varied from 69 % in the afternoon to a ten o'clock P.M. humidity of 39%. Even after I removed all of the water from the incubator during the day, the temperature still remained in the high 60's%.
I would appreciate hearing from other breeders who have experienced the same problem and what they did to maintain an acceptable humidity range during the incubation period. Thank you. Neno

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.