VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:05:29 06/01/08 Sun
Author: Ren
Author Host/IP: 67.59.42.195
Subject: Re: HELP!
In reply to: Ren 's message, "Re: HELP!" on 15:49:31 06/01/08 Sun

Oh it might help if I told you what they were doing before they died. ^^' The first one was was my male baby whom I named Prince. I found him dead underneath one of the artificial plants, which I know the plants are not the reason for I have used them with previous birds and they are just fine. The second one was my hen whom I named Jewel. She had very peculiar behavior that made me suspicious of her being ill. She seemed to be panting and she was very lazy. When I decided to see if she needed the heat lamp it seemed to work for a little bit, but then it got completely worse. She couldn't move much on her own and she was constantly sleeping and she continued the strange panting. The entire deliema lasted about 2 days before she finally died. She ended up in my hads because I had her isolated in a small transport cage. I kept the humidity up and the heat lamp on. During this time she had seemingly stopped panting. She could barely move at this point and when she did they were all feeble attempts to get out of the light. When I had turned it off to see if it would make things more comfortable for her, I had a heating pad under a towel which she layed on, she seemed to rest and I felt that she was improving, but it was a mere deception. She began to pant again and I turned the light on again, but she was still panting and she looked miserable. At this point I knew she wasn't going to make it. So I took her out of the cage and held her in my hands and told her how much I loved her, because I did very much. After about a minute she was gone. The third and hopefully last one was my sisters chick which I promised her when I first got my button quials. She named him Ottis. He died in very much the same way as Jewel. In my hands. I feel so terrible about it. T_T I wish I knew what I did wrong. Is there anyone who could shed some light on this for me?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.